Some plugins, like LifterLMS, have now removed the simple “Just fill in your PayPal email and we’ll get you the payments” to the more complicated App-Developer based setup that takes a LOT more effort. You need live credentials, and those are derived from your API signature. We will try to break down the steps here for you, keeping it as focused and simple as possible.
Follow these instructions:
To create an API signature:
- For live credentials, log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com.
- Click the settings icon at the top of your PayPal account page and then click Account Settings.
- On the Account access page, click Update for the API access item.
- Click Manage API Credentials in the NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic) section.
Note: If you have already generated an API signature, clicking Manage API Credentialsdisplays the signature information. If you must generate an API signature, click Remove to delete the existing API signature.
- Select Request API signature. Then, click Agree and Submit.
You will then see the three numbers you will need to add to your Payment Gateway in whatever plugins you are using to get paid. Many look like this:
Copy Paste these numbers in, then make sure you don’t share them via any public venue like a messenger app or, God forbid, social media. A hacker can take these and take control of your entire PayPal account with them.
If you are a current client who needs help, set up a quick 15 minute call here. If you have the PayPal Business API Signature page open, we can walk you through it really fast.